CERTIFIED DOULA NANNY
Training to become a certified Doula Nanny
This Online Certification Workshop is for anyone that has a passion for working with children. You would like to provide nanny service to Birth Workers unusual schedule. Working with birth workers requires a specific skill, patience, and flexibility. In this course, you will gain the skills and confidence to provide excellent service. You will :
Get a clear understanding of the differentiation between a Nanny, Babysitter and a Nanny for Doulas.
- Importance of a Doulas Schedule and relying on your dependability.
- How to interview with a potential client
- How to set up and market your Doula Nanny practice
- How to conduct a client play date
- What happens during a schedule tagalong
- Get an understanding of what and how to support a Doula and their family in your role as a Doula Nanny
- Doula Nanny business skills
- Communication Skills
- Doula Nanny Code of Ethics & Standards of Practice
- Doula Nanny Certification Process and Requirements
- How to find Doula clients, get resources for your clients, Doula Nanny education and products
- The 3 P’s – Provision, Protection, and Participation
- Doula Nanny Toolbag and what should be inside
- Working with Special Needs Children
- Working with multiple children
- Art projects games and activities
- Possibility to join the Doula Nanny Agency for additional training and employment
About the Instructor
Tiffany has over 20 years of experience combined as a nanny, preschool teacher (Montessori, Play based, Parent Co-ops) and K-2th-grade Programs Director for diverse communities. Tiffany has shifted her work from servicing children and families to birth work as a Birth and Postpartum Doula, Newborn Care Specialist and understand that there is a need for the professional yet loving care and support for Birth Workers and their families. Tiffany had noticed one of the Birth Workers biggest challenges was finding adequate and reliable childcare. As a Doula herself she understands and relates to a schedule of being on call as well as parents not being able to find childcare to fit this schedule, however not comfortable with calling a random babysitter. Unfortunately, not everyone has a family that lives close by, and the lack of great dependable childcare could sometimes put a Doula business on hold. Tiffany designed this course to support women supporting birthing women as well as empower and provide tools and resources to take the role as a nanny to the next level of business.